Our client is a leading food company in making baking products.
As a Maintenance Electrician, the person is part of a team responsible for the general maintenance of all production equipment.
Set-up and operating of process equipment
Large range of activities relating to electrical & mechanical controls
PLC (Limited Awareness)
Adjust equipment, as needed.
Troubleshoot electrical problems.
Change electrical motors, contactors, heating elements, overloads & electrical panels
Install pipes, electrical cables and wires
Install receptacles and circuit breakers
Conduct routine inspections & repairs on electrical equipment in the plant
All other duties as required.
· May be required to stand/sit/squat for long periods of time
· May engage in frequent bending, stooping or squatting
· Due to the environment, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions which include extreme heat, humidity and cold
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 25kg
· Must be able to work in tight or enclosed spaces
Health and Safety
· Conduct all Job Tasks in a Safe and Responsible manner.
· Participate in all Health and Safety, GMP and HACCP training as required.
· Report any accidents, incidents and unsafe/hazardous conditions to your Maintenance Supervisor.
· Report any damages of property and machinery to your Maintenance Supervisor.
· Ensure that you understand how and when to use the Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) that is located in your work area. Ensure you comply with OHSA, WSIB, MOL regulations and/or laws that govern “workers” responsibilities in the workplace (covered during orientation – section 28 of the OHSA i.e. “Green Book”) and Comply with Company's Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices, and HACCP Programs.
· Education equivalent to the completion of grade 12.
· Post secondary education related to machinery maintenance and repair.
· A valid Electrical License – 442A preferable
· Ability to maintain working relationship with coworkers and subordinates.
· Available for shift work
· 3 years of relevant work experience
Shift: Weekly rotating in day/afternoon/night
Pay rate: $28-$33 (depending on experience)
How to apply: Please send your resume with subject title "Maintenance Electrician (Food Company)" to firstname.lastname@example.org