Our client is a leading thermoplastic, industrial and plumbing products manufacturer in North America.
- Provide preventive maintenance of moulds as required. This includes assembling, disassembling, finishing, rust spraying, sprue brushing, water testing, checking or testing sensors on hydraulics, check ejector system, slides, switches, hydraulic cylinders and motors, cleaning moulds, and lubrication
- Identify changeover parts. Remove, clean and store pieces not needed in proper location. Change cavities, cores, slick ejector pins and logo, and complete water testing as required
- Create, maintain and repair tools and moulds as required. Tasks may involve but are not limited to grinding, EDM, milling, drilling, polishing, engraving, turning, welding, replace, cut and/or measure new ejector pins, and disassembling and assembling of moulds
- Inspect all parts received as listed, measure core sizes, water flow test, check hardness, check venting and ensure proper engraving
- Consult with other Mould Technicians to ensure mould is safe and in good working condition before putting into use or storage
- Operate forklift and lifting devices to position mould or tooling during maintenance and repair of mould. Ensure proper transportation and storage of moulds
- Perform assigned day-to-day tooling needs and associated system tasks, including work requests, planned work tasks, and other assigned projects
- Repair moulds during process setup as required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Intermediate knowledge of mould making, production and setup
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of forklift and crane operation
- Knowledge of most machine functions in the shop
- General aptitude for use of various measuring tools
- Basic trigonometry skills for measuring cuts, compounding and deciphering angles
- Intermediate mechanical aptitude
- Basic CNC machining knowledge
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Working toward mould-making certification program required and in second or third year apprenticeship
- At least 3 years experience in a plastic manufacturing environment
- Experience using all basic shop equipment
- Knowledge of health and safety practice in a plant environment.
How to apply:
- Apply online directly.
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "GC1807: Mould Technician (Certified Millwright or Apprentice)".