Our client has been providing affordable home comfort solutions to the Ottawa region for more than 60 years and; we are hiring a licensed Electrician to join the team:
Location: Baxter Rd and Elmira Rd; Ottawa
Day shift: 7:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Job Type: Full-time
- Represent company in a professional, courteous and customer service-oriented manner on each and every call.
- Diagnose and repair electrical problems in domestic electrical systems, including but is not limited to fault-finding, panel changes, generator installation, knob and tube removal, home rewiring etc.
- Accurately estimate repair costs, fixed right the first time and continual value-added communication with the homeowner
- Set priorities and work assignments to meet established deadlines
- Perform diagnostics, repair, maintain, service and install equipment in accordance with manufacturer specifications
- Adhere to all safety rules and procedures and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Perform general and specific equipment inspections
- Educate customers on electrical work in homes
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all modern equipment and regulations
- Explain the value of company's products, services and programs on every call
What do we offer?
- Competitive starting wages
- Company vehicle, tools, uniform and equipment all provided
- Consistent full-time hours and opportunity for overtime
- Ability to earn additional incentives
- Education and training cost subsidy
- Paid apprentice leave for eligible Team Members
- On-the-job training and defined Career Paths to advance your career
- A comprehensive benefits and group savings plan
- Generous discount on company's products
What do you bring?
- Must provide proof that you are fully vaccinated as defined by the Provincial Ministry of Health
- Must be a certified Electrician and hold the 309A or 309C License
- Master Electrician preferred but not required
- 5+ years’ experience as an Electrician
- Must be registered with the Ontario College of Trades
- Must have a driver’s license with clean drivers abstract
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Experience in Refrigeration, HVAC, Plumbing, and Mechanics an asset
If you are interested please email us your updated resume and license @ firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you require accommodation throughout the hiring process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.