Leading event rental compnay is looking for a Accounts Payable Coordinator to join the team in North York.
Hybrid (3 days from home, 2 days in office)
The Accounts Payable Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Finance. As a member of the finance team, this position is responsible to record, validate and manage payment of invoices in a timely manner. Ensures timely and accurate processing of payment documents, while adhering to processes that are in place for the smooth operation of the department, and to corporate compliance requirements. The incumbent serves as a subject expert in all accounts payable related matters. Must be comfortable in a rapid decision-making environment and will understand the factors that drive the changes and potential growth within the business.
- Process all approved invoices in a timely manner to Microsoft Dynamics for all divisions of the company.
- Process accurate and timely payment of invoices per payment terms.
- Initiates the weekly EFT/ACH/cheque run and month-end close process.
- Sends remittances to vendors after processing the payments.
- Ensures invoices are posted in appropriate GL accounts per company chart of accounts.
- Setup new A/P vendor account and maintains A/P vendor database in accounting system.
- Maintains pending payable files until documentation received and the payment processed.
- Obtains approval for disbursements and ensures that expenditures do not exceed authority levels.
- Prepares vendors’ price increase tracker and updates it on a regular basis.
- Coordinate with the purchasing staff regarding various Revenue Producing Assets purchases and updates the RPA tracker.
- Prepares accrual journal entries at month-end close.
- Reconciles subledger with GL at month-end close in coordination with Controller.
- Reconciles vendor statements and communicates with vendors as required.
- Responds to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders to promptly resolve the issues and discrepancies if any.
- Maintains documentation for suppliers’ files.
- Performing account/payment reconciliations.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned from time to time
- Owns shared responsibility to create and maintain a safe, healthy workplace culture and a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity, and where workplace violence, harassment and bullying are not tolerated from any person in the workplace by acting in compliance with applicable legislation and company safe work procedures and practices, as required by applicable company policies.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in accounting, finance or related field.
- A minimum of 3-4 years of direct work experience in accounting and finance in accounts payable.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze business process and maintain internal controls.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office - Excel, Outlook.
- Proficiency with MS Dynamics is an asset.
- Passion, motivated, result oriented and focused.
- Team player and ownership mindset.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and mediate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Honest, courteous and able to demonstrate strong work ethics.
- Driven and ability to work with minimum supervision
How to Apply:
Send your resume to email@example.com with the subject "Accounts Payable Coordinator_North York"