Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products.
Currently, we are seeking Automation Specialists to join the team:
- Working location: Markham, ON
- Permanent, Direct Hire
- Competitive Compensation Package
To design, program, test and commission automation instrumentation and control systems and processes. The Automation Specialist will be responsible for the design specifications and documentation related to their robots and machines. The incumbent will work with cross-functional teams to support the planning and strategy of automated systems.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Design, program, test and commission automation instrumentation and control systems
- Manage projects that involve complicated electrical and control systems
- Maintain awareness of new capabilities and technologies
- Manage external consultants and contractors in the design and installation of Electrical and Control systems
- Collaborate with Electrical Designers and Mechanical Engineers on all projects
- Ensure that projects are completed on time and budget and to the highest levels of safety and quality
- Participate in system concept development and estimating
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Engineering Bachelor's Degree or Technologist (Pref. Electrical, Computer, Controls, Automation)
- Experience: 2+ automation related experience, preferably in a GMP work environment.
- Licenses / Certifications: P.Eng. or OACETT Licensed or eligibility for licencing
- Must experienced working on capital project and/or supporting manufacturing operations.
- Solid understanding of PLC and HMI programming (Primarily Allen Bradley & Siemens)
- Mechanical / Electrical industrial controls and automation systems knowledge (Conveyors, filling systems, compounding kettles, packaging equipment, VFDs, Servos, motors, pumps etc)
- Familiarity with industrial robotics (Primarily Fanuc & ABB)
- Familiarity with factory networking protocols (Both IT and OT systems)
- Proven ability to design and interpret electrical drawings, control drawings and schematics for automated systems
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Proven analytical, trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Travel Time: 25%
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Automation Specialist"
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities in which we live and serve. If you require accommodation throughout the hiring process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.