Works to optimize die casting processes to provide for maximum efficiency, and consistency for all die cast components.
• Minimum 5 years in High Pressure Aluminum Die Casting
• Thorough knowledge of die casting equipment.
• Preferred but not essential completion of courses in: Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance; safety; problem solving; project management; tooling; layout; inspection; and blueprint interpretation.
• Knowledge preferred: high pressure die casting process; die cast and trim tooling; tooling set-up; setting process specifications; robotic extraction; automated spray; process trouble shooting; proven performance in continuous improvement activities.
• Familiarity with TS 16949 and ISO 14001
• Familiarity with Automotive quality requirements such as APQP; PPAP; FEA; PFMEA; Control Plans; Warrants and SPC.
• Superior communication and organizational skills.
• Speak/Write English
• Works well independently and as a member of a team
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible to ensure department personnel understand and work in a safe manner
• Provides technical direction and specifications to Die Cast Department.
• Review all existing jobs and optimize quality and productivity levels, Re-document each on completion.
• Responsible to eliminate down time as per company targets and improve efficiency's to 70% or better.
• Make and assist in implementing suggestions to improve the overall operation of the die casting operation.
• Establishes and prepares process specifications for high-pressure die casting & trimming.
• Assist in the development of new automation equipment, lubricants and lubricating techniques.
• Sample and develop all new tools to their maximum quality and productivity levels, working in conjunction with Engineering and the Process Development Team (Engineering Manager, QA Manager, Tool Room Manager)
• Documents all processes and procedures and establish files/tapes which will be accessible to set up, production personnel.
• Train set up and operating personnel in all procedures related to new tools and equipment.
• Monitor each casting cell operation. If deviations from established parameters are found, inform Die Cast Supervision of any problems and correct deviations and document changes.
• Monitor die/plunger lubricant usage and dilution ratios on a weekly basis.
• Responsible for set-up information and process information on the production floor.
• Search out new technology in High Pressure Die Casting, Semi-solid and Squeeze Casting Processes and implementation of these technologies on the plant floor
• Participate in the development of Advanced Quality Planning and supporting documentation relating to the product and customer specifications (die cast, trim, pierce).
• Support all departments within the manufacturing facility providing technical expertise and leadership with respect to processing methods.
• Proven performance in implementing continuous improvement programs.
Health & Safety:
According to OHSA of Ontario, Section 28, Subsection (1) & (2): A worker shall;
• Work in compliance with the provisions of the Act and the regulations;
• Use or wear the equipment, protective devices or clothing that the worker's employer requires to be used or worn;
• Report to his or her employer or supervisor the absence of or defect in any equipment or protective device of which the worker is aware and which may endanger himself, herself or another worker;
• Report to his or her employer or supervisor any contravention of the Act or the regulations or the existence of any hazard of which he or she knows;
• Not remove or make ineffective any protective device
• Not use or operate any equipment, machine, device or thing or work in a manner that may endanger himself, herself or any other worker; or
• Not engage in any prank, contest, feat of strength, unnecessary running, or rough and boisterous conduct.
• In addition to the above, a worker is responsible to ensure that they;
• Are in compliance with all rules and regulations as outlined in the Precision Technologies Employee Handbook
• Are in compliance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Precision Technologies Health and Safety Management System
• Are in compliance with all Environmental policies and procedures as outlined in the Precision Technologies Environmental Management System.
• Regularly exposed to work environment consisting of heat and noise.
• Be able to work rotating hour, routine hours with occasional overtime.
• Works under general supervision on assigned tasks.
Shift : 8am to 5pm
Job location: Mississauga
Salary: Up to $95,000/year
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job identified, and shall not be considered as the detailed description of all work required in the job.
How to apply:
Please send resume to mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Process Technician" and then register on-line with Great Connections at http://www.gc-employment.com/jobsearch/index.php?option=com_catsuser&view=register