Our client is a leading Automotive Manufacturing company.
We are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer.
Responsible for providing technical, supervision and consultation services to the design, engineering, manufacturing and quality departments. The successful candidate will need to ensure that products can be manufactured utilizing current and new techniques developed by the company, and ensure first time capabilities and design intent are met. The requirement is an important part of the company’s commitment to supply superior part quality and reliability.
- Exercise the supplier survey criteria upon the supply base in a fair consistent manner, rating and reporting as such to maintain a uniform structure.
- Place emphasis on the use of statistical techniques within the supply base, resulting in the receipt of data accompanying shipments and elimination of receiving inspection.
- Perform Supplier quality process audits and reporting.
- Initiate de-certification process for suppliers that do not improve within time limit agreed between supplier and the company.
- Work with suppliers to improve unacceptable performance.
- Work with Process Engineering in developing a master PFMEA for family of purchased products.
- Participates with APQP team in determination of component key and high impact product characteristics.
- Review and approve supplier’s PPAP for new program launch and engineering changes ensuring compliance to part drawing and engineering specifications.
- Follow up with suppliers for Annual Validation requirements. Review and approve PPAP submitted for compliance to current engineering drawing level.
- Frequent site visits to worst suppliers to assess permanent corrective measures implemented and to validate process parameters.
- Work with purchasing in developing new suppliers by auditing their compliance to ISO/TS
- 16949 and assisting in improving their quality standards.
- Purchased parts defect analysis and reporting; update/edit the Supplier Performance Web site (Monthly)
- 5 years+ experience in the automotive environment
- Must have Supplier Quality Experience, must have experience managing suppliers – preferably globally
- Must have knowledge in Balljoint Assembly, Casting, CNC Machining, Forging, Plastic Injection Molding, Rubber Injection Molding, Stamping, Welding
- Must be a strong multitasker, organized, personable
- Able to lead customer interaction (previous experience).
- 25% travelling at minimum – Overseas Travel Ability is an asset
Working Location: Newmarket, ON
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume to email@example.com with subject of "Supplier Quality Engineer"