Our client, a leading global producer of fluid flow equipment, is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join their team in Scarborough. This Generalist will provide a broad range of HR support to all offices and facilities.
Location: Scarborough, ON
Contract: 13 Months, start as soon as possible.
Salary: $60K (based on experience)
Key accountabilities of this position:
1. Recruitment &Onboarding
- Lead full-cycle recruitment activity for professional, technical, administrative and production staff in Toronto
- Provide an effective onboarding program for new hires, ensuring complete follow-through with assigned orientation programs and establishment of individual training programs
- Support management by monitoring and actioning probation periods and various compensation and job changes
2. HR Program Execution
- Support the rollout of programs and processes such as performance management, recognition, rewards and training to improve engagement and productivity
- Work with in-house training team and management to create and monitor Individual Development Plans for all staff
- Coordinate changes to benefit and retirement plan program participation
3. Employee Relations
- Provide advice, recommendations and resolutions to ensure hands-on support, guidance and high-quality service on all day-to-day employee relations matters
- Work with operations management to create and execute recruitment, training and evaluation on the shop floor
- Participate and represent HR in Toronto Social Committee
4. Health, Safety and Environment
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environmental matters at the Toronto facility
- Health and Safety Practitioner or willing to obtain shortly
- University Degree or equivalent; HR Diploma and member of HRPA
- 5 – 7 years of HR experience working with engineering, manufacturing and distribution employees in an industrial environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR principles, general practices and HR regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to show tact, diplomacy and discretion in handling information of confidential and/or sensitive nature
- Creative problem-solving skills, conflict management within different organizations (centralized and matrix organizational structures)
- Ability to break down complex problems in a simplified way, conduct root cause analysis and provide clear, well thought-out recommendations.
- Strong, team-oriented leadership skills with presence and a bias for action.
- Self-directed with ability to work autonomously and collaboratively and a focus on results.
- Ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume to email@example.com with subject of "Human Resources Generalist - Scarborough"