Our client which is a leading automotive manufacturing company is looking for a Process Engineer to join their company.
Location: East Gwillimbury, Ontario
Salary: $65K+ (depends on experience and skills)
· College Diploma or University Degree in Industrial or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, OR Five years’ experience in a related field or discipline.
· Good knowledge of manufacturing, processes, production reporting system and MRP.
· Good Technical Report writing abilities.
· Excellent problem solving techniques and methods.
· Computer skills in the area of spread sheets, databases, word processing, and C.A.D.
· Ensures accuracy of manufacturing bills of materials for all products, i.e. parent component relationship, part numbers, and quantity per, at 98% accuracy level.
· Ensures accuracy of work centre master file, routers, standard run and set up times, sub-contracted operations, and reporting points for back flushing for all products, at 98% accuracy level.
· Co-ordinate with Scheduling, Tooling and QC the proper timing of ECN's to minimize obsolete stock, and ensure production at required Engineering level.
· Ensures accuracy of part numbering system.
· Develop and co-ordinate plant and equipment layout improvements, process improvements, die change and first off improvements, to prepare Company for Just In Time manufacturing and TQC (Total Quality Control).
· Assist in developing and maintaining standard costs for all products.
· Co-ordinate and follow up on the smooth introduction of new product to the company assist in selecting appropriate suppliers for subcontracted operations.
· Research and pursue any potential operational opportunities for improvement in the Company's Operation to make the Company competitive in a JIT Manufacturing Environment.
· Advise Management of any potential problems and opportunities for improvement.
· Participates in the engineering change (DPCRF) process by designing / updating Process Failure Mode Effects Analyses (PFMEAs) as needed, reviewing all operators instructions, ensuring assembly equipment readiness, packaging requirements are met, and all other Manufacturing.
· Maintains regular daily presence on the production floor and provides engineering support to assembly in areas of safety, ergonomic evaluations, methods improvement, procurement and fabrication of necessary equipment to improve/complete any required process additions and/or alterations, and responding to their concerns/suggestions.
· Working with Continuous Improvement Team on projects as required.
Consider all aspects of industrial plant engineering when designing and/or implementing process changes.
Research, investigate and report manufacturing problems/concerns for improvement of overall plant productivity including process cost reductions, monitoring and devising /implementing corrective actions to minimize process downtimes and rejects.
· DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing)
· Vacation - 2 weeks
How to Apply:
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Process Engineer"