Please send resume to: email@example.com with the subject “Program&Product Manager for Leading Automotive Manufacturer (Concord)”. Please note that incorrect subject won't be read by our recruiters.
JOB TITLE: Program & Product Cost
DEPARTMENT: Product development and Innovation Engineering
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
Cost Estimation Controller:
• Bill of Materials and Routings definitions and revision
• Control of drafting of new/modified products
• Draft product templates
• Control the RFQ process; improve the RFQ database
• Guide the design strip layouts of progressive blanking tooling for feasibility discussion analysis
• Participate and lead the feasibility meetings
• Help in calculate cost of the product and the tooling based on the routings and lay out discussed during feasibility analysis
• Check cost sheets before issuing them
• Issue AutoCAD sketches of product modifications or suggestion for process improvements
• Analyse process capability studies, interpret results, drive quality in defining which study to perform.
• Provide input on product design and tolerances
• Implement possible cost savings
• Work closely with the Sales Team, Tooling Engineering Manager, Tooling Designers, Process Engineers, Quality Engineer
• Customer communication regarding technical aspects and clarifications.
Product Management duties:
• Develop/Control quotations for new work and engineering changes.
• Active participation in customer presentations and in seeking new business opportunities.
• Facilitates benchmarking activities to continuously improve product design, manufacturing processes, product quality and to reduce manufacturing cost.
• Maintain and increase product technical knowledge and capability to ensure we are the leader in our product field, and can provide our customers with state of the art product support.
• Benchmark competitor strategies via the World Wide Web, technical literature, attending technical seminars and conferences and any other media available.
• Specify targets and issue objectives for Product Department
• Coordinate the maintenance of up-to-date product part prints, documentation, and engineering specifications.
• Provide the customer with value added improvement suggestions.
• Ensure product design allows for cost effective manufacturing.
• Develop and ensure cost of prototyping is within budget and on time.
• Continuously develop designs to reduce the cost of manufacturing, and/or command higher prices from the customers.
• Support testing and validation by specifying test requirements and ensuring tests are completed to specifications.
• Lead APQP meetings during design and development phases, until the release to production and assume lead role in the D/PFMEA updating.
• Propose or make design changes for parts in production provided the design changes are properly approved.
Program Management duties:
• Management of the overall program from the receipt of order to construction to the release in production, and be fully managing the timing and the costing to reach the target of the customers.
• Acts as the principal contact between the company and the customer in clarification on the development and quality issues related in the new launches.
• Responsible for the process design and customer satisfaction through timely response to customer requests.
• Ensure the process is suitable for application, is functional, practical and ergonomically sound.
• Responsible for co-ordinating all aspects of design, development and program management. This includes, but is not limited to, design reviews, manufacturing feasibility and process reviews, tooling and gauging reviews. Final project cost assessment.
• Coordination of the development team through APQP.
• Track record of successful program launch and related lead times and costs.
• Reviews program open issues, oversees program status and assists in supplier development.
• Plan and actively promote the resolution of the open issues on new programs.
• Acts as liaison with customer and ensures customer satisfaction by delivering smooth product launch on time and within budget.
• Provides support to other business areas on all aspects of engineering issues and program related matters.
• Provides guidance and enforcement on engineering documentation maintenance and update.
• Other pertinent duties assigned by Engineering Manager.
• University degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Possess or be eligible for registration towards PEng.
• 2~3 years program management experience in product design, development and manufacturing.
• Exceptional time keeping skill, organizational and communicational skills both verbal and written.
• Hand-on experience and good understanding of APQP, ISO TS, QS9000, D/PFMEA, FEA, VE/VA, DOE, Statistics, Advanced GD&T and continuous improvement tools.
• Ability to review and guide all aspects of product development and program management.
• Good skills in conducting customer presentation, directing group discussions on both technical and managerial issues
• Some business travel required, including outside Canada, with interaction with customers in problem solving.
• Computer skills (AutoCAD, word processing, spreadsheet, Excel, Access or Database management).
Salary Range: $75K