Our client is a leading automotive part manufacturer.
Responsible for projects from quotations to tool build, sample submission, production start-up, production support and implementing engineering changes. Prepare quotations, customer specific documentation for PPAP & APQP binders and maintain all applicable budgets to ensure successful launch of new projects and continuous improvements of current business. Directs and coordinates all activities concerned with objectives and implementation of any program/project. Actively support the VAVE, CI and ESP programs.
· Manage new project APQP reviews and kick off meetings.
· Manage and coordinate new projects and engineering changes on time and within budget. Plan and develop methods and procedures for implementation of programs, coordinating program activities, exercising control of personnel according to knowledge and area of expertise as required for the needs of program.
· Confers with staff to explain program and individual responsibilities for functions and phases of programs to ensure programs remain on target. Ensuring all program timing, costing and planning is met as outlined in the RFQ
· Prepare BOM and routings and all applicable ERP items
· Process drawings and customer specifications utilizing the document control procedure
· Ensure purchase/material requisitions are processed on time for outside suppliers.
· Provide launch support in house and at our customer locations.
· Communicates with Customer Engineers and Manufacturing Plants to ensure all customer requirements are being met and are on target.
· Support the Manufacturing operations and all other departments on existing programs.
· Support and assist process/tooling engineering staff as required.
· Schedule tool trials and process trials at tool shop / in house for Pre-PPAP & PPAP runs.
· Develop and update project-timing chart regularly in accordance to customer specifications
· Prepare product and process design and development activities as outlined in the APQP system with support from team members
· Actively participate in customer management (meetings, visits, PPAP/Launch support/sample approvals).
· Responsible for directing and reviewing all advanced quality planning events and customer requirements, to include, but not limited to, review of: feasibility studies, process flows, FMEA and control plans, BOM’s, routings, Run at Rate reports, Engineering Change Notices, APQP checklists, material specification sheets etc.
· Responsible for maintaining Quality Procedures, Instructions and other required documentation for the Engineering Department.
· Facilitates meetings to ensure all aspects of projects are met, hosting meetings on project timing, customer milestones and material required dates (MRD), engineering specifications & testing, review of engineering changes and its impact on the project, process changes, equipment and material acquisition, Advanced Product Quality Planning requirements, PPAP requirements, Run at rate planning and all other aspects of a successful launch. Attend and facilitate Management Review/Phase Review meetings.
· Assist HR and Production in operator training planning for new projects and engineering changes.
· Continuously strive to meet mutually agreed objectives of the Engineering Department.
· Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Adhere Quality Systems Operating Procedures.
· Perform duties in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation
· Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
· Perform duties in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and legislation
· University degree in Engineering with a Mechanical / Electrical discipline, or equivalent experience
· P.Eng / PMP Designation is preferred
· Demonstrated excellent Product Design and development process.
· Ability to work successfully in a fast paced team environment with minimum supervision
· Minimum of five years automotive industry with Sr. Engineering role / Project management experience
· Excellent knowledge of APQP, PFMEA, DVP&R,GD&T, PPAP and other core tools
· Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills
· Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes/systems (Stamping, Molding, Assembly, Welding)
· Good sound process improvement and documentation skills
· Knowledge of CMI / trans 4M modules and software
· Strong presentation and analytical skills
· Maintain a valid passport and flexible to travel to customer sites in North America and abroad
How to apply:
Submit your resume with the subject "Program Manager_Woodbridge" to "email@example.com".
*We thank all applicants for your interest, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted*