Our client, a fast-growing engineering resources company, is hiring Mould Maker to join the team. The Mould Maker will troubleshoot, repair and maintain moulds along with participating and performing preventative maintenance on injection moulds and equipment.
- Working Location: Barrie, ON
- Straight Day shift
- Competitive compensation with full benefits package
- Direct Hire, Full-time hours
- Participate and perform preventative maintenance on injection moulds and equipment.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of any engineering changes, tool improvements and/or repairs as requested on new and existing injection moulds.
- Responsible for the troubleshooting and repairs to hot runner and valve gate systems in the injection moulds.
- Involved with the diagnostics and improvements to tooling and the processes, participate in the design and rework of both new and old tooling.
- Responsible for the thorough inspection of new tooling.
- Able to instruct apprentices, as required.
- Keep records up to date and accurate.
- Must be available for call-ins; Schedule often revolves around plant downtime, which includes evenings, weekends and scheduled holidays.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by all health, safety and environmental rules and regulations, promoting safety in the workplace.
- Participate in and support Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Ensure the work area is kept neat and organized, maintain the work area in accordance with the principles of 5S and operate daily within these standards.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience:
- Must have a valid Ontario Mould Maker's license.
- Must have 5 years of experience in a plastic injection moulding manufacturing environment.
- Preferred experience in the medical manufacturing industry.
- Able to work with minimum supervision on Direct Injection Mould and Hot Runner systems, robotic end of arm tooling etc.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to determine root cause and recommend countermeasures.
- A good understanding of Hydraulic / Electrical and Cooling systems associated with Moulds.
- Read and interpret documents such as blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement principles required.
- Sound problem-solving skills (including problem identification and solutions, both individually and with a team).
- Good communication, organizational, time management skills.
- Good knowledge of SPC, (Statistical Process Control).
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of "Mould Maker", thank you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require accommodation throughout the hiring process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.