We are hiring for a client manufacturing various products such as pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and other care items. Their facility in Etobicoke is hiring for Compounder.
Shift: Continental Night shift (7pm - 7:30am), 4 days per week
Training in day shift for 1-2 months from 7am to 3:30pm
Loaction: Kipling and Rexdale (Etobicoke)
Posiiton: Temp - Hire
• Understand and follow Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, Safety Standards, and follow plant policies and procedures.
• Understand and have a working knowledge of WHMIS and MSDS .
• Be able to compound all batches, without supervision, and assist on some batches under supervision.
• Pump batches to specified holding tanks / totes.
• Remove garbage and empty drums for disposal as required.
• Develop and encourage a high level of positive work ethics and team building, understand and develop knowledge of continuous improvement
• Must be able to continuously learn to operate all compounding equipment in the department assigned.
• Review Chemical Batch Sets and secure chemicals from staging area and/ or weigh. Ensure that all Chemical Batch Sets are fully and accurately completed.
• Follow specified sampling procedures, sample finish batches upon completion, including samples from the D.I. Unit. Label and take samples to the lab for testing. Make batch adjustments prescribed by the lab when necessary. Re-sample if required.
• Maintain a tidy, clean and safe work area at all times while batching.
• Clean and sanitize equipment as required or assigned. Keep accurate log books on equipment.
• Must work towards obtaining tow motor certification.
• Have a working knowledge of inventory practices.
Qualifications / Certifications
• Must be able to lift and carry weights and move 45-gallon drums from pallets.
• Grade 12 education or equivalent. College or University an asset.
• Forklift License /experience an asset.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English. Have a good mathematical aptitude.
• Able to work overtime when required.
• Must be able to work rotating or continental shifts.
• Must be free from allergies to chemicals that we use.
• Basic computer experiences.
• Working knowledge of JDE, DSI, and Pallet Viewer an asset.
• Constant interaction with a variety of chemicals and chemical products.
• Working with unpleasant odors and fumes.
• Constant heavy lifting and high noise levels.
• 2+ years of related experience required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of "Compounder - Etobicoke“