Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Participate in APQP:
- Look at design for manufacture opportunities from the earliest stages of product development.
- Identify and put together RFQ packages for all required secondary equipment.
- Support APQP activities including, but not limited to, creating floor layouts; participate in Process FMEA and Control Plan teams.
- Create Standard work Procedures for new programs.
- Oversee product launch and ensure that process capability is achieved on all key characteristics.
Drive Continuous Improvement:
- Responsible to establish a system and tools in which to deliver and measure continuous improvement successes.
- The champion of “change” within the company, positively impacting the culture and securing our position within industry as a “best –in-class” organization.
- Develop and implement an effective communication strategy to ensure employees are well informed and educated on Continuous Improvement.
- Drive to achieve hard dollar savings in your assigned area of responsibility.
- Identify cost saving opportunities and drive improvements through teams to achieve savings.
- Support day to day Manufacturing Engineering responsibilities: This includes troubleshooting production issues, supporting corrective actions on customer concerns and otherwise supporting production to meeting objectives.
- The ideal candidate is driven, with a passion for excellence and the proven ability to manage projects to achieve results.
- Must have an Engineering degree, applicable trade, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5-10 years in a Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering role
- Must be experienced in all aspects sourcing assembly and welding equipment including:
- Writing specifications, competitively quoting, negotiating, managing program timelines and budgets, buy-off, and commissioning in our facility
- Must be proficient in hands-on process trouble shooting of Welding equipment (both Spot Welding and MIG Welding) including:
- Working knowledge of Panasonic, Fanuc, ABB or equivalent robot programming experience
- Working knowledge of Medar or equivalent controller setup and troubleshooting experience
- Working knowledge of PLC and HMI programming
- Working knowledge of welding fixture/tooling design/redesign
- Must have demonstrated tract record of initiating and implementing process cost reductions in Lean Manufacturing environment
- Trained in the Lean Production system including: value stream mapping, standardized work, takt time and cycle time calculation, line balancing studies, job element analysis, kaizen, 5S, visual workplace, quick die change
- Knowledge of TPS would be considered an asset. Standardized Work development experience is a minimum requirement
- Must have knowledge of takt time, time studies and line balancing techniques
- Must have complete understanding of process capability
- Familiarity with various manufacturing processes such as Injection Molding, Roll Forming, Metal Stamping, assembly, Resistance and Mig welding
- Familiar with and support automotive APQP process
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office, Solid Works and Auto CAD plant layout.
Apply now if you are interested in this fantastic full time opportunity in Toronto area. If you are looking for other opportunities with Great Connections please visit our website at http://www.gc-employment.com