Distribution & Facilities Coordinator (DFC)
Working Hours: Day shift
Location: Jane St. and Hwy 7
Pay Rate: $20/hour + vacation pay
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and Lead the activities of your shift (including hourly and temporary employees) of the “Order Fulfillment & Stock Replenishment Team”, in order to meet customer requirements of accurate and on time order fulfillment and delivery.
- Set up worker assignments efficiently, and direct activities, ensuring that orders processed are consistent with order requirements and meet established target/goals requirements established by the DFC.
- Coordinating your team and assisting in the picking, sorting, and distribution and restocking of the product.
- Lead your team by example…master each activity and be prepared to jump into any area which needs additional support in order to meet time and accuracy objectives.
- Give direction to staff for optimum performance, providing technical and organizational leadership as it relates to daily order fulfillment and stock organization requirements.
- Communicate with DFC regularly, for direction updates and to report on progress, any issues hindering goal completion, along with any recommendations for improvements.
- Complete and ensure that quality control, order fulfillment and shipping paperwork are completed on time, accurate and distributed to the proper channels.
- Train new employees and temporary staff on proper techniques to complete their assignments and ensure they have the basic computer knowledge to navigate through screen menus.
- Ensure safe work environment by proper training and enforcement of all safety policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with DFC regarding instructions for the location and mapping of products on the appropriate shelving locations, pulling product from active or overstock areas, and changing locations within the facilitates.
- Safeguarding that all Products are restocked neatly and safely in properly assigned locations.
- Follow standard procedures in packaging/labeling orders to insure that orders are securely packaged/labeled in accordance with company and shipping company packaging requirements.
- Ensuring that additional material in packages such as; inserts, instructions, new catalogs are inserted when required and proper packaging neatness is achieved.
- Ensures proper operation of computer & shipping software, following proper shipment procedures, addresses to package and releases for outbound shipments.
- Maintains regular attendance in accordance with the Company scheduling and attendance policies reporting all issues to the DFC.
- Reporting all infractions of company policies (as outlined in the Employee manual) of the Fulfillment team during your shift to the DFC.
- Assisting DFC in theft prevention implementation and providing recommendations for improving theft prevention.
- Assisting in regular inventory checks as directed by DFC.
- Maintaining warehouse cleanliness and organization of the Order Fulfillment area.
- Prepared to assist when requested by your DFC in other areas of the warehouse when operational needs require.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE :
- Post-secondary education in relevant field or HS diploma and equivalent 3-5 years of Warehousing or Distribution supervisory experience.
- Must be a proactive part of the warehouse team and lead by example a team of fulfillment and stock replenishment associates
- Previous Pick and Pack and/or Fulfillment experience required.
- Ability to team build, and interact with team in a positive motivating way
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Basic computer skills required.
- Forklift Operators License and 3 years operating experience
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and possess good follow-up skills
- Possess effective oral communication skills and organizational skills.
- Professional, courteous, “can do” attitude
Job Position: Position is for Day –Shift #1 – however night shift maybe required to fill in and it should be noted that starting times may change with overtime and occasional weekend hours requested if operational needs require.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties of this job require associate -lead to be able to:
use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk to hear.
with hands and arms.
sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
exert up to up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and/or significant amount of force frequently or consistently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
abilities to include; distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
How to apply:
Send your resume to Resume@gc-employment.com with the subject of "Warehouse Lead- Concord"