Accounting Controller and Senior Management
The Accounts Receivable Administrator is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in posting accounts receivable payments. This includes maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and resolving account irregularities. The A/R Administrator will also administer claims, refunds, adjustments, and any other accounting transactions related to A/R management. This position involves diplomatic interaction with customers to provide billing information and support in order to facilitate swift payment of invoices due to the organization.
Pay Rate: $16.5+/hour (based on experience)
Working Hours: 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Location: Jane St. and Hwy 7
- The detail and Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Communication effectively in both official languages
- Team Work
- Accountability and Dependability
- Collaborate with the Accountant to maintain collection goals and general A/R performance levels.
- Communicate with internal/external sales representatives as necessary as Per Company Policies Directives
- Post and reconcile customer payments to general ledgers.
- Make collection calls as required on overdue accounts
- Reviews Customer Orders on hold with Controller and Customer service personnel
- Produce the Accounts Receivable Overdue Report on a weekly basis for review
- Reconcile Customer accounts on a regular basis and resolve any problems with customers
- Issue credit or debit notes for shortages, returns and pricing
- Process credit applications, credit references, and run credit reports as required
- Provide Assistance to Accountant if required
- Set up new customer accounts
- Make up the daily deposit
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied AR related transactions.
- Calculate Customer Rebates based on payment
- Coordinate Customer payment plans
- Formulate, regulate and communicate “On Hold” customers for orders /shipping purposes to CS & Warehouse teams
- Coordinate Credit meetings to discuss problem or “On Hold” accounts
- Prepare and recommend plans for “on Hold” or delinquent accounts and submit for management approval
- Assist with month end closing
- Achieved or actively pursuing an Accounting diploma or designation
- Previous AR experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Able to perform moderate to complex account reconciliations.
- Strong diplomatic and conflict resolution skills in order to handle late payments and delinquent accounts.
- Bilingual with strong clear English communication skills and basic Quebec French able to communicate regarding Accounting
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems. Proficiency with Excel
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Strong analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Supervisory skills with an ability to lead and motivate
- Time management skills
- Surveillance Skills,
- Reporting Skills,
- Analyzing Information
How to apply:
Send your resume to email@example.com with the subject of "Accounts Receivable Administrator"