Our client, a long-standing and growing manufacturer in the plastic injection molding industry, currently looking for a skilled Payroll Coordinator to join the team.
Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and processing of payroll for 20 salary, 150 hourly employees, and acting as a point of contact in regards to inquiries or issues related to payroll.
The company currently have a manual system and we are transitioning to Ceridian.
Essential Job Functions:
- Process full cycle weekly and bi-weekly payrolls for salary, hourly employees in Canada
- Responsible for receiving, entering and verifying payroll information.
- Process payroll master file changes including new hires, terminations, rate changes, etc.
- Review hours summary reports for accuracy, completeness and proper authorization in accordance with company procedures.
- Import time files from timekeeping system and enter manual adjustments.
- Work with HR, time and attendance administrators, managers and supervisors to respond to payroll related inquiries and issues.
- Maintain current knowledge of payroll legislation and payroll practices in Canada
Qualifications / Skills:
- College diploma or certification in Payroll, Accounting or relevant area of study.
- CPA PCP Payroll Compliance Practitioner designation preferred.
- 2-3 years Canadian full cycle payroll administration experience in a high volume payroll environment.
- Must have previous experience with Ceridian (Day force module would be an asset)
- Excellent Excel and math skills, Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with team members, management, employees and external individuals and agencies, in an efficient and effective manner.
- Excellent work ethic, demonstrating integrity and trust as well as the ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism and diplomacy.
- Flexibility to accept and adapt to change as well as the commitment to seek continuous improvement.
Hours of work: 8:00 am to 5:00pm
How to Apply:
Please send resume to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the subject "Payroll Coordinator_Scarborough".