Our client, a leading Canadian banking institution, is looking for a Banking Operations Officer to join their team. We are looking for individuals who is processing transaction details using various methods of confirmation including phone, fax, ticketing and email.
Contract term:30/04/2018 to 03/08/2018 (3 months), possible extension
Pay rate: $17.00/hr
Full time: 37.5 hours
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Securities market experience
- Intermediate MS office
- Attention to detail and Strong communication skills
Nice to have:
- Mutual fund or brokerage experience
Summary: The main function of the Operations Officer is processing transaction details using various methods of confirmation including phone, fax, ticketing and email.
- Timely and accurate processing of non financial requests, DRIP changes, SIP\SWP processing in regards to mutual funds within the 24 hour SLA policy,
- Maintain sufficient audit trails on all confirmations,
- Ensure the tracking system is updated daily and outstanding items are followed-up on an ongoing basis,
- Ensure all errors or issues are escalated to Management on time,
- Work with areas such as Trade Corrections, Reconciliation,Middle Office, Front Office, Dealer Relations, and Third party mutual fund companies resolving discrepancies and ensuring Regulatory and Audit guidelines are being met and adhered to,
- Develop and maintain sound working relationships with counterparties and internal groups, Actively participate in developing, testing and implementing new or enhanced processes and other process improvement initiatives,
- Participate fully as a member of the Team, Provide assistance to other when necessary,
- Protect the interests of the Bank by adhering to operating standards and processes; obtain proper authorization for transactions as required, Act as a point of contact for customer queries.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and handle high volumes of work,
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills,
- Excellent organizational and time management skills,
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, Self-motivated and goal-oriented,
- Ability to adapt to changing policies and procedures,
- Attention to detail is crucial,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Understanding of securities markets or mutual fund industry, Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, coupled with the ability to learn and apply skills to new software programs.
- 1-2 years experience in a Securities Markets or Mutual Fund industry related role.
- 2-4 years of related experience required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Banking Operations Officer II - Toronto"