Our client, a leading Canadian banking institution is looking for an Invoicing/Reconciliation clerk to join their team. We are looking for individuals with an accounting background/financial background and good analytical and mathematical skills.
Contract term: 01/05/2018 to 30/04/2019 (1 year), possible extension and conversion
Pay rate: $21-25/hour
Full-time: 37.5 hours
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
- Financial background- understanding credit and debit, expense types
- Organized, ability to prioritize and follow up
- Analytical- clarity data does this match the total
- Simple Math- calculations
- Attention to detail
- Invoice experience, purchase orders
- Computer iterate
- Excel- intermediate (Filters and totals)
Nice to Have:
- Experience with credit/debit, invoicing
- Daily processing of invoices and PO's
- Invoice reconciliation, accuracy, and coding
- Work with Accounts Payable to ensure timely and accurate payments.
- Analyze and validate invoices associated with service providers
- Respond to department and vendor queries in a timely and accurate manner Research, follow-up and resolve any issues with invoices and/or PO's
- Coordinate with appropriate corporate functions to resolve invoices and/or PO's issues (i.e. correcting accounting, Purchase Order supplements, etc.) and ensure that invoice payments are made per the terms of the Contract / PO
- Resolve discrepancies and escalate issues as appropriate
- Maintain organized documentation supporting account reconciliation status and disputes
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Provide prompt research, evaluation, operational, reporting and analytical support.
- Conduct ongoing analysis, assessment and review of business performance, processes and initiatives.
- Understand department objectives and contribute by recommending appropriate action to management based on analysis and review of results within assigned scope.
- Contribute to various operational activities (e.g. report production, system queries, process mapping, tracking, analysis and procedural support, premises, onboarding).
- Remain informed of emerging issues, industry trends and/or relevant changes.
- Respect enterprise frameworks and methodologies that relate to business management activities.
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- 2-3 years relevant experience.
- Experience in providing specialized analysis, non-standard reporting, and operational support.
- Confidence and ability to independently work on projects with some complexity, generally within short- to medium- term horizons (weekly to monthly), with management direction.
- Willingness and strength in providing guidance and assistance to other team members and internal partners on a broad range of processes.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Banking Invoicing/Reconciliation Clerk - Toronto"